(1) Understanding my purchase
- What is a unique piece?
As its name indicates, a unique piece is only created in one copy. In the case of a moulded piece, it can be unique if the mould is demolished after casting, in order to make it impossible to reproduce the original.
- Are all art pieces signed?
Yes, every piece of art on sale on Artistics is signed by the artist. They are all delivered with a certificate established and signed by the artist himself.
- What is a limited edition?
In the case of reproductible pieces (sculpture or moulded ceramic, photographs), a limited edition is a series of identical prints, which are limited to a one-time printing of a certain number of pieces. For example, for a bronze sculpture, an eight pieces edition means that only eight sculptures were made from the same mould. The number of prints is indicated on the page of each piece, next to the mention “Edition”. For more information on foundry art (sculpture), we invite you to read the code of art foundry ethics, a reference document produced by “Les Fondeurs de France”, with the approval in 1993 of the following organizations: the sculptors’ union, the National Chamber of auctioneers and the art galleries’ committee.
- How can I trust the authenticity of the artwork I ordered?
Artistics works directly with the artists whose work is exposed on the site. Each piece is signed by the artist and delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
- How can I know if an edition is limited and the number of prints?
Each and every piece on sale on Artistics is signed by the artist. If need be, the number of prints is specified to the right of the piece, next to the mention “Edition”.
- Will the ordered piece be identical to its picture on line?
We pay careful attention to publishing only high quality pictures, which render as faithfully as possible the aspect and colours of each piece. In the case of limited editions (sculpture, ceramics or photographs), very slight differences from one copy to another may be observed. If the delivered piece does not give you complete satisfaction, you have 14 days to return it. Offer valid only in Europe. See our money-back guarantee.
- Is the chosen art piece necessarily available when I place my order?
- For bronze sculptures, the print can possibly be unavailable at the artist’s workshop and needed to be melt at the founder’s. In this case, the delay for the delivery will be from 4 to 6 weeks. Indeed, moulding bronze requires numerous steps of production, which we invite you to discover in the short video at The Gour Foundry, in Auvergne, France.
For photographs, it can also occur that the print hasn’t yet been produced and/or needs to be edited. In that case, delivery will be made within 5 working days.
- How can I keep up-to-date with an artist’s latest works?
- All you need to do is create your account on Artistics and then “follow” your favourite artists by clicking on “subscribe” on their profile page. You will then receive a notification by email and on your Artistics page when the artist modifies his profile or portfolio.
More generally, if you wish to stay updated with our artists’ and the site’s latest news, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter
- Are the paintings, drawings and photographs sold already framed?
- The works for sale on Artistics come directly from the artists’ workshops, so it depends on each artist’s policy. We invite you to carefully read the piece’s description: it is always specified whether the piece is sold framed or not.
- Artistics does not currently offer a framing facility.
- Along the same lines, each artist has its own packaging method:
- - Paintings are usually sold mounted on stretcher but some artists prefer to send the rolled canvas in a tube, for convenience issues.
- - Drawings and photographs are usually sent rolled in a tube.
Packaging information is included in the description of each artwork. If you have specific requirements, feel free to contact us by calling +33 (0) 1 40 28 92 28 or by sending email to [email protected]om. Working together with our artists, we will make the greatest efforts to respond to your enquiry.
- How is the cost determined?
- Prices are determined by the artists themselves, with Artistics' approval.
- The price appears both in euros and dollars: it includes all needed taxes added to the value of an intra-Community purchase. If the shipping destination is outside European Union, taxes will be reviewed and deducted from the total amount, when you place your order and indicate your shipping address.
- Prices do not include:
- - shipping costs (packaging, insurance etc.): those are determined when the order is placed (before giving any payment information), depending on the delivery location.
- Potential customs duties, local taxes or import duties. For more information, please refer to Taxes and Customs duties.
- What are the available payment methods?
Artistics offers the possibility to pay with a Credit Card, Bank Cheque (if issued in France) and Bank transfer.
Credit card: We accept most credit cards: Visa, Mastercard...The online payment is fully secured thanks to the online payment system of our partner - the CIC bank. Your banking details are encrypted and transmitted to the CIC and never to Artistics.
Bank cheque: subject to being payable in France (meaning the bank branch editing the cheque must be established in France).The cheque is to be made payable to Artistics with a copy of your Id or Passeport, and sent to the address below:
Artistics – 16 rue de Turbigo – 75002 Paris – France
- Please indicate your order number and name on the back of your cheque.
If you chose to use this method of payment, please note that your order will only be confirmed after reception of the cheque.
Bank transfer: if you chose this method of payment, please note that your order will only be confirmed after reception of the transfer. The information you will need to carry out the transfer will be sent to you by email, after validation of your order.
- Can I pay in several instalments?
We do, in some cases, grant payments facilities. In order to benefit from the instalments, please contact us here: +33 (0) 1 40 28 92 28 (local call cost).
- Is the payment secured?
Yes, your payment is totally secured thanks to our partner, the CIC's online payment system. Your banking details circulate online are completely encrypted, meaning that they are encoded in order to be totally unreadable. They are securely transmitted to the CIC and never to Artistics.
- How can I trust my personal information is safe?
Artistics commits never to give out to any partner or third party the personal details (first and last names, phone number, email...) you give out on our site. We will only use this information for the own good of our service.
- Can I place my order on the phone?
Yes. Normally, orders must be placed online, using the shopping cart. However, if you encounter difficulties placing your order and need assistance, you can contact us from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 7 pm, at +33 (0) 1 40 28 92 28 (cost of a local call).
- How can I cancel my order?
If you are living in a member state of the European Union, you have fourteen days to use the right of withdrawal from the moment you receive the artwork. For this purpose, all you need to do is send an email to con[email protected], with the order number in the message subject. Please send us back the artwork at the same time in its original packaging and using the same initial shipping methods. Please note that the return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. You will get a full refund for the price of the product 14 days from the receipt of the artwork, in perfect condition.
- What are the shipping costs?
- The shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and appear in your shopping cart once the delivery location is indicated and validated. The costs are determined by the size and weight of the item you are purchasing, as well as the dispatch (usually the artist’s workshop) and delivery location.
The costs can sometimes seem high : rest assured that we do everything we can to get the best value for money and in the most secured way as well. We work with the best hauliers on the market, such as FedEx and UPS.
- I ordered multiple works. Can I combine them all into one shipment to lower shipping costs?
If they are all from the same artist, they will probably be delivered in one shipment. If not, as the artworks come from various locations, it will not be possible to ship them at the same time.
- Does Artistics insure the shipment in the case of loss, damage or theft?
Yes, Artistics takes out an insurance for each shipment, which covers any risk of damage or loss for your order. The cost of this insurance is included in the shipping costs. If you don’t receive your order or if it is damaged, please contact us at +33 (0) 1 40 28 92 28 so we can take action as soon as possible.
- Why can’t I place a second order in my shopping cart?
- Our ordering system does not allow to add a second item in the shopping cart if different from the first one (a second print of the same work). If you wish to order a second piece, you need to finish the order the first one beforehand.
We were forced to follow up this process to keep in line with intra and extra-Community complex taxes rules: the VAT rates vary according to the artwork’s dispatch location. We can not calculate the shopping cart’s a global VAT if it contains several pieces.
- What tax benefits can I aspire to when buying an artwork?
We invite you to read the page dedicated to this subject: click here.
(3) Taxes and Custom duties
- Does the total of my order include all the taxes I need to pay?
- In the case of an order shipped from one of the member countries of the European Union to the same country or to another one within the Union, the total amount includes all taxes that is to be paid by the customer.
For shipment outside the European Union, the charged price does not include taxes. The possible custom duties, local taxes or import duties are the responsibility of the customer. We invite you to get in contact with your country’s competent authorities to get detailed information.
- If the artwork is shipped from a foreign country, will there be import costs?
- Custom clearance must be applied to every item coming from a foreign country. Additional taxes and custom duties can be applied and you will have to pay them to the local authorities, in order to collect your parcel.
- Unfortunately, we can’t keep ourselves updated with the evolution of the custom policy of each and every country. The final order amount is therefore to be considered “excluding eventual Custom fees”.
- In order to know your country’s tax policy applied to imported artworks, we invite you to reach out to the competent custom authorities. Generally speaking, the haulier takes charge of custom fees and taxes for you when the product is shipped. In that case, we will issue a bill for you later.
For more details, you will find some information on the TARIC (taxation & customs union) :
(1) Shipping from and to the European Union: no custom fees thanks to the common customs territory.
- (2) Shipping from the European Union to another country outside the Union: please refer to the local Custom authorities of the country. For your information:
- - Shipping from the European Union to the United States: no custom fees applied to original artworks created by living artists.
- - Shipping from the European Union to Russia: no custom fees applied to original artworks created by living artists.
- Shipping from the European Union to China : as of today, thanks to the information we were given by the competent authorities: 6% custom fees.
(3) Shipping from a third country to the European Union : no custom fees applied to original artworks created by living artists.
(4) Shipping from a third country to a third country : please consult the custom authorities of the concerned countries.
(4) Shipping and Delivery
- How are the artworks shipped?
- During the ordering process, we ask you to choose between two options:
- - You can pick up the piece directly at the artist’s workshop
- Or it can be delivered to the address of your choice. We work with the most renowned hauliers, such as FedEx and UPS, to guaranty you the best service at the best price.
- Does Artistics deliver in every country?
The international hauliers we’re working with, such as FedEx and UPS, deliver to more than 200 countries and states all around the world. Your country is probably part of those. If not so, contact us at [email protected] so we can find a solution.
- How can I keep track of my order?
- We keep you informed by email every step of the way:
- - As soon as you place your order, you will get a first email confirming that it has been processed;
- - You will receive a second email as soon as your artwork is ready to be shipped, after the preparation time;
- You will then receive a third and last email when our haulier has taken your shipment in charge. This email will contain a tracking number, so you can monitor your shipment anytime directly on the haulier’s website.
- Can I pick up the artwork myself, directly at the artist’s workshop?
- Yes. In order to do so, please select the option “pick up the item at the artist’s” when ordering. In that case, no delivery cost will be applied.
- When the selected piece is ready, we’ll get in contact with you to set up a meeting with the artist and give you all the necessary information.
Please note that if you wish to carry the artwork outside of the European Union, you will probably have to pay Custom duties. For more information on that matter, see the following FAQ section.
- When can I expect my order to be delivered?
- It relies on two separate steps:
- Preparation time: corresponds to the number of days for the artist to provide the haulier or the customer (if the piece is picked up directly at the workshop) with the artwork.
- Shipping time: corresponds to the number of days for the haulier to ship the item to its delivery location.
- The details are indicated in your shopping cart before you confirm your order.
- Preparation time:
- They vary according to the artists and the type of work. The artist evaluates the preparation time for each piece and this inforation is indicated in your shopping cart.
- Generally speaking:
- - Paintings, drawings and ceramics: preparation time within 1 to 3 working days.
- - Sculptures: preparation time within 1 to 3 working days EXCEPT for bronze sculptures if the ordered copy has yet to be smelt. In that case, expect a preparation time within 4 to 6 weeks.
- - Photographs: preparation time within 1 to 3 working days UNLESS the print hasn’t yet been produced or if editing is required. In that case, expect around 5 working days.
- Shipping time:
- It is determined by the shipping and delivering locations.
For French artists, delivery will be made within 1 to 3 working days to France, and 1 to 15 working days to Europe or International destinations. Delivery times are to be applied of course after the artist’s preparation time (see above).
- When will my order be shipped?
- The shipment usually takes place within three days after validation of your order. This period corresponds to the time needed by the artist to prepare your order, which can vary according to the artwork.
- The specific delivery date is indicated when adding the artwork to the shopping cart, before confirming your purchase. For more information on this matter, please go to our “delivery” section of our FAQ.
Once the haulier takes charge of your order, you will receive a confirmation by email with a tracking number so you can monitor your shipment directly anytime, by logging into your Artistics account.
(5) Return and refund policy
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day .
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us () of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement:
- By sending a letter by post to the following address : ARTISTICS SARL, 16 rue de Turbigo, 75 002 Paris-France
- By e-mail to the following address : [email protected]
- By using the cancellation form available here
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.